How to Install Baseboard and How Much Does it Cost?
If you are someone who is interested in enhancing the overall appeal of the home as well as add some support to the drywall, installing a baseboard is the best choice for you.
You are not the only one who possesses this kind of wish but also there are lots of people who do this and choose the baseboard installation as a cost-effective choice.
Related blog: What are Baseboards?
How to Prepare Yourself to Install Baseboard?
When it comes to installing a baseboard, you need to go through a long process. You can take the help of professionals to save your time, money, and energy or you can prepare yourself rightly.
Measurements play a great role. At the first move, you need to measure the length and width of the room and multiply that with two. You should add an extra foot in the case if you require some extra materials. Now you may need to spend $1.50 and $3 per foot.
Related blog: What are the types of Baseboard materials?
How to Install Baseboard?
Installing baseboards is not an easy job. A lot of people take the help of expert and experienced professionals. But if you have enough time on your hands and want to save money, you can do this job by yourself. In order to make the installing task hassle-free, below, we are giving you some tips to make the entire task easy and fast.
1. Start with finding the studs and mark them on the walls
2. A lot of people think that installing a baseboard is as easy as cutting woods at a 45-degree angle for the home corners. But sadly the reality is much different. The reality is that no walls are there that are exactly 90 degrees from each other. You can notice this on the inside corners.
3. You should not make any assumptions when you are cutting. If you cut them at a 45-degree angle, you may find some gaps later. So, it will be better if you take the measurement before you start the cutting job.
4. When it comes to the inside corner baseboard installation, you should start withholding the board flat against the wall. In this way, installing other pieces will be much easier.
5. You can cut the baseboard at a 45-degree angle and then for perfection you can use a coping saw.
6. Before installing, you should test the board against the mirror to ensure the perfect fit.
7. When all the corners are perfect then you can start the installation work.
8. For the long walls, you may need to join two baseboards. You can cut them at a 45-degree angle and slide them to reduce the appearance of the seam.
9. Even after coping rightly you will find gaps and you will need to install caulk. You should always use a fine bead of caulk.
How much does it Cost to Install Baseboard?
If you are not ready to take these steps, you can easily hire a professional and let the work be done. You can supply the material or ask the professional to bring that for you.
Generally, you may need to spend from $350 to $575 on average. The expense may vary. There are a lot of companies that offer low to medium charges for baseboard installation. If you have a limited budget then you can take the help of such service providers.
If you do not have any budget limitations, you can call anyone on the desk. But before selecting one, you should do proper research about the work experience, skills, and charges.
What will be the labor cost to install baseboards?
We have said earlier that the cost depends on the company type and size. If you hire a high profile company, you have to pay a solid amount. If you have a budget limitation, you can choose any medium to low sized company.
It may cost approximately $3.50 per linear foot or around $3.25 per linear foot without color. If you have 10*10 rooms, you may have to spend nearly $500 on the baseboard.
If there are some additional tasks or fixes before the installation, you may have to pay some bucks extra. Instead of dealing with a company, you can hire a freelancer to do the job but make sure he/she has the required skills as well as experience.
So, this is all that you need to do for successful baseboard installation. You can do this job for both residents and offices. In this way, you can add more aesthetic value to the home or office and strengthen the drywalls. Hiring the professional will be better or you can follow our suggested ways for successful and error-less baseboard installation.