Things to Know About Rebar - Basics, Benefits and Types
To All Our Valued Customers, Over the past few years, the Covid 19 Pandemic has forced us to adapt and change the way we do things on a day-to-day basis. Florida Lumber is no exception. To make sure that we remain strong and competitive in the market for the years to come, Florida Lumber has had to adjust and change our vision for the future. In the last 2 years, we have stopped selling Sheetrock and drywall products, roofing felt and roofing materials, and have even closed on Saturdays.
Over the last few months, we have been transitioning our way out of the door supply business so on August 31, 2022, our door shop will stop assembling doors. We will continue liquidating our doors from inventory until we are out of material.
Some customers have asked if we are closing or even moving locations. To set the story straight, we are not closing or selling the business and we are not moving. These changes are all part of our new vision and path to continue serving South Florida and increasing our footprint in the construction supply industry.
Our focus is going to be on Lumber, Construction Materials, Rebar Fabrication and Rebar Accessories. As we have liquidated some of the items that we don’t sell anymore we have created more space to buy a larger volume of our core items and pass on the savings to our customers.
In the next year you will start seeing changes that will help improve our ability to serve you, our customers. We appreciate your business and your patience as Florida Lumber’s new vision becomes reality.
A Todos Nuestros Valiosos Clientes En los ultimos anos, la pandemia de el Virus (Covid 19) nos ha forzado a adaptarnos y cambiar la forma de hacer cosas en el dia a dia. Florida Lumber no ha sido una excepcion.
Para asegurarnos de mantenernos fuertes y competitivos en el mercado en los anos venideros, Florida Lumber ha tenido que ajustar y cambiar nuestra vision para el futuro. En los dos ultimos anos hemos dejado de vender los productos de yeso (sheetrock), paneles de yeso (drywall), tela asfaltica (roofing felt), materiales de techo y cerramos los Sabados. En los ultimos meses, hemos estado en transicion para salir del negocio de suministro de puertas, en Agosto 31, del 2022 nuestra tienda de puertas dejara de construir y/o cortar puertas. Vamos a continuar liquidando nuestro inventario de puertas haste que terminemos todo el material. Algunos de nuestros clientes han preguntado si estamos cerrando o si nos estamos moviendo a otra localidad. La verdad es que no estamos cerrando, no estamos vendiendo y no estamos cambiando de localidad. Estos cambios son todos parte de nuestra nueva vision y camino a continuar sirviendo al estado sur de la Florida y incrementar nuestras huellas en la industria de suministros de construccion.
paneles de yeso (drywall), tela asfaltica (roofing felt), materiales de techo y cerramos los Sabados.
En los ultimos meses, hemos estado en transicion para salir del negocio de suministro de puertas, en Agosto 31, del 2022 nuestra tienda de puertas dejara de construir y/o cortar puertas.
Vamos a continuar liquidando nuestro inventario de puertas haste que terminemos todo el material. Algunos de nuestros clientes han preguntado si estamos cerrando o si nos estamos moviendo a otra localidad.
La verdad es que no estamos cerrando, no estamos vendiendo y no estamos cambiando de localidad. Estos cambios son todos parte de nuestra nueva vision y camino a continuar sirviendo al estado sur de la Florida y incrementar nuestras huellas en la industria de suministros de construcción.
Concretes have existed in almost every category of construction projects for hundreds of years. However concrete technology is still evolving. Newer ideas, approaches and applications are being introduced to ensure greater longevity of construction works. One of the latest evolutions in building projects is Rebar. This item is being widely used in almost all ranges of building projects. Modern concrete technology and cement work just cannot afford to ignore it.
What is Rebar? [Basics of Rebar]
Basically, it’s a steel bar, which reinforces the concrete. The reinforcing bar that is used is corrosion-proof. These reinforcing steel bars are widely used in the construction industry to build floor slabs, walls and concrete posts. But why are these steel bars are used? Formations of cracks are very common in construction projects. These reinforcing steel bars prevent those cracks from crippling your project to dust. Moreover, according to structural designers, engineers and construction experts, these reinforcing steel bars also provide immense structural strength to a building project extending its durability.
Benefits of Rebar
A Rebar offers many benefits to a construction project. Some of the most important advantages include the following:
- It makes concrete more resistant to failure by several times.
- It offers tensile strength to your project helping it to last much longer.
- For structural concrete projects, it offers much stronger support compared to any other conventional alternative including reinforcing fiberglass and steel wires.
Types of Rebar
Reinforcing steel bar of different size and made from varying grades of steel are available in the market. This allows you to choose the perfect solution for your construction project. Various types of the item include the following:
- Carbon steel rebar - It offers extensive strength and comes at an affordable cost. Thus, there is no wonder that this variety is used widely in the industry and forms the backbone of the majority of concrete pours.
- Gas fiber reinforced polymer or GFRP - This variety contains fiberglass as a component and is known to offer much greater tensile strength than other varieties. GFRP is a popular alternative to the conventional variety made of steel.
- Galvanized rebar - this variety is widely used in situations where chances of corrosion are higher. The product goes through a number of processes to get zinc coating on the surface. This coating provides a protective shield over the steel bar preventing corrosion.
- Stainless steel variety - this variety of product have limited use in the industry because of its steep price. It is applied in corrosive environments where zinc is not an option to consider because of its galvanizing property.
- Epoxy coated reinforce rebar - It is the latest and economical version designed to tackle corrosive environments. The epoxy-coated rebar gets protection from corrosion.
- European rebar - This range of the product is just measured in standards different from those used in the US market. Just like other varieties of the reinforced bar, this one too offers substantial reinforcement to structural concretes.
Modern concrete constructions are just not done without reinforced steel bars. Once you get the right kind of product for your project in the market make sure there are the right tools to work with the purchased rebar. This is why you need skilled and knowledgeable professionals to work in your construction project.